This page answers common questions about PolicyPak Software’s support and upgrade policies.
If you need help / troubleshooting with a particular PolicyPak product, please try the Knowledge Base, Video Learning Center or Support Forums. If you don’t think you’ve been heard, you can email support[at]policypak.com (see the next question below.)
How does PolicyPak Product Support work?
Support for any issue is fully included as part of your use of any PolicyPak product, whether you have a license or are using a trial.
The typical route for support is:
- You email us your question. Log files from the client are helpful.
- We email you back with an answer –or-
- We email you back and set up a time to help troubleshoot with you remotely.
- We call you at the agreed-upon scheduled time to help you troubleshoot.
I’m running a PolicyPak trial. Do I get a different level of support?
No: we support our trial customers just like our licensed customers.
What do I get with Product Maintenance?
Product maintenance entitles you to:
- Phone support for any/all licensing issues.
- A real person as your Customer Success manager to help you find anything you need from us… for as long as you’re a customer.
- Phone support from one of our Tech Leads to help you get started with your PolicyPak product (also known as our free “Onboarding” service).
- Monitored / helpful support forums for “How Do I” questions.
- Email support for any “customer specific” issues. We reply by email or phone as necessary.
- “Remote control” your machine (with your permission) to help you out of a jam as required.
- Unlimited updates for the product you have purchased.
- Any new Pre-configured Pak we create (in the case of PolicyPak Application Manager).
- All bug updates and/or product enhancements for any products which are licensed.
- If you’re using products with PolicyPak Cloud, free updates and enhancements as they occur.
Is Product Maintenance optional?
You must purchase Product Maintenance for any PolicyPak product (whether On-Premise or PolicyPak Cloud Snap-in) for all licensed computers.
However, the very first year a PolicyPak computer license is purchased, Product Maintenance is included in the cost of the license.
What kind of support is included specifically when I buy PolicyPak Application Manager with PolicyPak Design Studio (On-Premise or using PolicyPak Cloud Snap-in Product)?
This is easy. The latest version of PolicyPak Application Manager and all latest Paks are always available for customers.
If there’s a feature update to the DesignStudio, management console components (MMC) or CSE (client-side-extension), then those updates are always included as part of your software maintenance fees.
As soon as any updates are ready, we’ll let you know thru a direct email.
All customers are notified when there’s an update. Just download, and go enjoy the new features !
If any updates are made to the cloud service itself, those are simply rolled out online automatically.
Can I make product suggestions? Can I make a Pak-suggestion (for PolicyPak Application Manager Paks)?
All customers are ENCOURAGED to send your wishes to us, so we can build extra functionality into PolicyPak Application Manager, the PolicyPak Design Studio and other PolicyPak products. Additionally, if there’s a pre-configured Pak you think our in-house team should create, we’ll consider it a top priority for paid customers.
Do you have an SLA or Supportability Statement ?
Our support policy is as follows:
- For “How Do I” questions, please ask them on the PolicyPak support forums. We are monitoring it throughout the day and you could get a response very quickly. We strive to respond to all questions within the same business day.
- For private questions / problems / concerns, all customers may email support [at ] policypak.com or leave a voicemail on our 800-883-8002 number and await a response. We again strive to respond to all questions within the same business day.
- We typically email back answers to “easy” questions right away.
- We typically call back and (with your permission) remote control your machine to see what’s going on and help you, usually the same business day.
Times vary to actually solve particular issues, so we do not “guarantee” time to a closure of a particular issue.