You need a license for each of the following parts:
For PolicyPak On-Prem: All Components in the PP On-Prem suite need a license to be downloaded on endpoints to PROCESS PolicyPak components / instructions from components such as:
- PolicyPak Application Manager
- PolicyPak Admin Templates Manager
- PolicyPak Preferences Manager and
- PolicyPak Security Settings Manager data.
- PolicyPak MDM Settings Manager
- PolicyPak Browser Router
- PolicyPak Least Privilege Manager
- PolicyPak Java Rules Manager
Those license files look like this:
For PP Group Policy Compliance Reporter:
- Reports for free: All PolicyPak Components like:
- PP Application Settings Manager,
- PolicyPak Admin Templates Manager, and
- PolicyPak Browser Router).
- Reports which are required for be PAID:
- Microsoft Group Policy Admin Templates
- Microsoft Group Policy Preferences
- Microsoft Group Policy Security
To enable PPGPCR Endpoints for Microsoft items, this is the right license:
Also note what is NOT required to be licensed:
- Admin Stations…
a. You don’t need a license for anywhere the GPMC is running / editing / creating GPOS.
b. You don’t need a license for anywhere the PolicyPak Group Policy Compliance Reporter Admin Station (Client) is running.
- Again: You DON’T need a license for endpoints to use GP Compliance Reporter to REPORT on PolicyPak-delivered specific component items. This is automatically licensed. (Remember: You DO need a PP Compliance Reporter Endpoint license if you want to report on Microsoft Group Policy item types like Group Policy Security Settings.)
- PP Compliance Reporter SERVER is no longer licensed. Only PP Compliance Reporter ENDPOINTS are licensed.
- None of the PP “Support” tools like the PolicyPak Application Manager Design Studio, Powershell add-ins, or GPOTouch utility need to be licensed.
To generate license request keys for PolicyPak On-Prem suite endpoints: here
Once you acquire licenses from our sales team, you can implement them in two ways. Watch this video to see how to import the licenses.