PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) MARCH 20, 2019
PolicyPak Software, today introduced Feature Manager for Windows to reduce challenges surrounding Windows 10 migrations and to transition from Group Policy to MDM. This new component within the PolicyPak Suite provides IT administrators with more options when selecting Windows classic features or Windows 10 optional features.
With Feature Manager for Windows, organizations can use Group Policy or MDM to add or remove any feature including SMB 1.0 or XPS Viewer and, add optional features like the RSAT tools in Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019. Selecting features, not installed by default, or selecting default features, becomes less obtrusive and more customizable.
“When rolling out Windows 10 on-prem, or with Autopilot, there are default features and optional features which will need to be both removed, and yet others added to secure your IT environment,” said Jeremy Moskowitz, founder, and CTO, PolicyPak Software. “With Feature Manager, PolicyPak automatically configures your Windows 10 desktops and Windows Servers with the features and optional features you want. You can browse through the features familiarly, selecting and deselecting the ones that best fit your needs. You can even specify to postpone rebooting in the case where you’re adding or removing a feature which requires a reboot.”
Feature Manager benefits include:
- Manage classic or Windows 10 Optional features in a familiar way
- Works with both Windows 10, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 and 2019 servers
- Use Item Level Targeting to fine-tune feature delivery
- Make restart optional or postpone it when needed
Manage feature add/removal over the Internet to non-domain and roaming domain-joined machines (via PolicyPak Cloud)
- Manage features across MDM enrolled machines (via PolicyPak MDM)
- Learn more about PolicyPak Feature Manager for Windows at https://www.policypak.com/products/feature-manager-for-windows.html
- For more information on how you can implement Feature Manager, join the daily PolicyPak webinar at https://www.policypak.com/webinar/
About PolicyPak Software
PolicyPak Software provides total settings management for Applications, Desktop, Browser, Java and Security Settings for Windows endpoints. The PolicyPak software suite enables IT, professionals, to deliver, lockdown and remediate settings for desktops, laptops, VDI sessions, company devices, as well as BYOD. Settings can be controlled either via on-prem systems like Group Policy or SCCM or using cloud systems such as PolicyPak Cloud or an MDM service like Microsoft Intune, VMware Workspace One or MobileIron. PolicyPak Group Policy Compliance Reporter enables real-time reporting on the status of Group Policy settings across the entire network.
For more information visit, http://www.policypak.com.