PolicyPak Software / MDMandGPanswers
We are committed to your privacy.
Privacy with the Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router
What information do we collect?
The Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router DOES NOT transmit, store, or collect any personal information. In order to perform the desired operation, the Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router does, however:
How do we use information gathered by the Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router?
Our extension will read the website content and resources (to make a determination where to route.) Web browsing activity (including domain names or URLs the browser interacts with) (to make a determination where to route.)
What information do we share?
The Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router DOES NOT COLLECT, SHARE, OR TRANSMIT USER SENSITIVE DATA.
How does the Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router make decisions about how to operate?
URLs are read from via PolicyPak Browser Router Chrome Extension to read the website URLs and pass them to our Windows native program component (PPBRAgent and PP Browser Router CSE) on the SAME COMPUTER.
Chrome Extension reads and modifies Web-page content to implement “open-in-new-tab feature”. In particular, the PolicyPak Browser Router Chrome Extension modifies the behavior of a user’s web page hyperlinks by attaching handlers to them.
Does the Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router use the “minimum permissions” possible?
Yes. The extension is honed and fine-tuned to request the MINIMUM amount of permissions required to perform the marketed operation. Here are EXACTLY the requested permissions by the Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router.
- webRequest Browser Router Chrome Extension requests this permission to be able to intercept web requests.
- <all_urls> During web requests interception Browser Router Chrome Extension needs to have access to the requested URLs, thus it has to request host permissions. As the ultimate set of URLs of interest depends on policy settings and is not known until runtime Browser Router Extension has to request permissions for all hosts.
- background The background permission allows Browser Router Chrome Extension background script to continue running and run uninitialization code when the last window is closed, as well as react and load policy setting when the very first Chrome window opens.
- nativeMessaging Browser Router Chrome Extension communicates with native Windows desktop component (PPBRAgent.exe) to get actual routes and other policy settings. It uses native messaging mechanism to achieve this and thus has to request native messaging permission.
Why doesn’t Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router have a “Prominent Disclosure”?
- Although Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router uses some sensitive data (URLs, and Web Page Content) these are necessary to implement it’s main features.
- URLs are necessary to implement routing (we do not collect this data or send them anywhere).
- We need the URLs for technical reasons and to perform our sole marketed purpose.
- Web Page Content may be updated (specifically, we may attach some code to hyperlinks to implement “open-in-new tab” feature).
- Again: Chrome Extension for PolicyPak Browser Router doesn’t collect, store, or transmit anything. doesn’t collect, store, or transmit anything
Privacy within the PolicyPak Family of Websites
There are certain areas on our sites where we ask you to register or provide personal information in exchange for services or promotions. While your right to refuse this information will not interfere with your use of PolicyPak.com and MDMandGPanswers.com (known henceforth as the “Site” or “the sites”), it may prevent you from participating in certain programs, receiving information about new products and promotions, or accessing certain portions of the site reserved for registered users. Due to security issues, web-based and free email accounts are not accepted for purchasing or registration purposes.
Use of Personal Information within the PolicyPak Family of Websites
We collect information about you when you register to receive information, visit our web site, or make a purchase. Here are some ways that we may use (or not use) your information:
- We may store and process your personal information in order to better understand your needs, and provide you with information on improved products and services.
- We may use your personal information to contact you about new products, share promotional campaigns, or to provide product support.
- Your personal information could also be used to contact you if we have difficulty processing or shipping your order.
- Your personal information, including your email address, is not sold or shared with anyone outside of PolicyPak Software or MDMandGPanswers or our authorized partners.
- We will comply with any law enforcement request to turn over personal information.
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and we take every reasonable precaution to make sure your information is secure. Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees and our authorized partners who have a specific need to view the data. Our employees, and the employees of our partners, are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information, and may not use this data for any purpose other than to complete the services required of their employment.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you access our Sites on any device, we automatically collect certain information about your use of our Sites using technologies such as cookies and web beacons. We may collect information such as your geographical location and information about your device (such as the IP address, operating system, browser and version used), and if you are using a mobile device, who your carrier is. We may also collect how much bandwidth was used; the system and connection performance; the referral source, length of your visit, and number of page views.
Web beacons We may use web beacons (aka, clear GIFs) to access cookies and count users who visit our Sites or open our email messages. Web beacons are similar to cookies and are single-pixel graphic files with a unique identifier. Web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and in emails and are stored on a user’s hard drive. You can change your browser settings to control web beacons.
Links If you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies, and not ours. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of third party websites. We encourage you to read their posted privacy statements and user terms and conditions before providing any personal information or even interacting with any other website.
Import of your information from 3rd party events
When you attend a webinar or live event that MDMandGPanswers.com or PolicyPak is involved in, we may acquire the list of names and contact information from that event. Then we may use that information to reach out and contact you about a promotion. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way, you can opt-out before you attend the event or request to be forgotten after we first make contact via email or phone.
Disclosures Made by You within Interactive Areas of a Site
If you visit our bulletin board, blog, share a comment, or participate in a discussion forum or chat room made available on our Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums. That information could be used to send you unsolicited messages, and may be searchable by search engines. We are not responsible for any misuse by third parties of any personally identifiable information that you choose to submit in these interactive areas.
Use of Widgets
We may provide widgets on our Sites that make it possible to share information on third-party platforms. These widgets do not store your personally identifiable information.
Our Sites may also include social media features, such as the Facebook or Twitter button and other interactive mini-programs that run on our site (each, a “Feature”). Some of these Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social media Features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. These Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the Feature or widget.
Google AdWords remarketing
Google AdWords remarketing
We may select and post customer testimonials, which may contain personally identifiable information (e.g., name, city, state, or country). We will obtain your consent before posting any testimonial with your name. If you post such content, it will be available to other users of the Services. Your posting may also become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy or the law. If you would like us to remove or delete your name or testimonial from our Services, please email us at [email protected] (Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Sites for a period of time).
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
PolicyPak & GDPR
PolicyPak is GDPR compliant.Learn More