Product Support Specialist
Product Support Specialist for Windows Desktop Management product (Active Directory / Group Policy / MDM).
We are looking for a team player to perform PRE-SALES demonstrations of our Windows Desktop management software and perform POST-SALES “Level 1” support for our product (explained in a moment).
You will become a SUPER EXPERT in our software and be able to explain most areas which customers care about and be able to explain the software through demonstrations. (We’ll train you; but you should come with the required baseline skills.)
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent demonstration skills
- Amazing patience and bedside manner
- Terrific organization
- Ability to learn new skills and apply them quickly
Technical skills should include:
- Creating videos with Camtasia (to explain our product to customers)
- Our product uses (mostly) Group Policy to deliver our settings, so you should have decent AD and GPO experience.
- Good troubleshooting skills for Windows desktops
- If you have experience with Intune (and/or other MDM) and/or SCCM, that’s a PLUS, but not required.
If you were a previous product support specialist for another Windows desktop product COMPANY (anti-virus company, software that deploys other software, or other company that created software that manages Windows desktops) that's a big plus, but not required. We would also be interested in someone who was an "Internal specialist" for a product or something special in their IT department.
About us and you:
- We are an “All remote” company and will accept candidates from anywhere in the USA or Canada.
- This job is full-time & mostly only the phone / Zoom / Teams so you need amazing phone skills and great “bedside manner.”
- You should be comfortable with “Camera On” and “Camera off” depending on the customer and situation.
- You need rock solid internet access, a quiet space (no dogs barking, kids running around, sirens wailing all the time, etc.)
Major Pre-Sales job duties are specifically :
- Perform LIVE weekly technical “Deep Dive Demos” for prospects (and customers)… 20 minute mini-lessons on a myriad of aspects of the software to explain what we do and why customers need us.
- Create new videos (using Camtasia) to showcase new product functionality when that functionality is released.
- Re-create / re-touch up existing videos of existing functionality if the video is stale and/or needs refreshing
- Some travel opportunities as we go to conferences (Orlando, Seattle, etc) and set up booth space at Windows conferences. In other words, you get to be in front of customers and do live demos!
Major POST-sales job duties are :
- Perform Kick Off Calls with NEW Customers to introduce their whole team to the platform and give them a high level overview, take notes about their world, and be the first ambassador they meet from our company.
- Performing FIRST LEVEL / email based tech support when customers email for support.
- Pointing customers with simple "How do I" questions toward pre-created FAQs and pre-created videos on our website. (Customers don’t know what to look for in our knowledge base, but you will.)
- Creating short "Here's how to do it" videos using Camtasia and sending them to customers.
- Convert unique cases into Knowledge Base items or videos.
- Helping with MOST licensing issues (cutting keys, re-issuing keys, access to portal, etc.)
Additional duties include :
- Be generally helpful to customers to answer product questions.
- Update manuals and KBs when new features or technical items are updated
- Interface with sales, management, and development when customer issues arise.
- Brainstorming for new additions to the product.
- Perform testing of our product and report bugs as necessary; retest to see if bug reports you raised are reported resolved.
- Must have super strong over-the-phone customer service skills.
- Experience with VMware Workstation and Camtasia a big plus
- We're a fast moving company and our customers and prospects LOVE how fast we are at getting back to them when they have a concern. You should share this passion about making them smile about how great it was to work with you to get their problem solved.
- We're based on East Coast Time, so you need to be available FULL TIME from 9.00 AM EST - 4.30 or 5.00 PM EST every day to field questions and have time with customers, demos, etc. scheduled.
- We're a small, tight, but growing company with lots of interesting opportunities to learn and grow.
- Profit sharing program... the more successful the company is, the more you share in that success.
- Health / Dental
- 401k Match