6-27-2019: CSE 2109
New PP Least Privilege Manager updates !
1. Increased security for SecureRun: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/805-policypak-least-priv-securerun-to-block-user-and-system-executables/
2. Increased security for blocking PowerShell and other system files: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/792-pplpm-block-powershell-in-general-open-up-for-specific-items/
3. Increased security for elevating apps, but BLOCKING Domain Admins or other local admins: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/806-policypak-least-priv-elevate-apps-as-standard-user-block-other-admins/
4. Ability to “right size” SERVICE ACCOUNTS permissions: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/804-policypak-least-priv-manager-reduce-or-specify-service-account-rights/
Text based KB Article on all four features: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/807-how-when-and-why-would-i-use-the-scope-filter-section-in-policypak-least-privilege-manager/
5. PolicyPak Scripts Manager can now ELEVATE user side scripts. So if you have a script which needs to run in USER CONTEXT, but you need that script to run elevated… there’s now a magic checkbox for that!
Known issues: PP Taskbar manager might launch another unexpected process. No ETA on fix.