1/30/2023: PolicyPak Build number 23.1.3425.1079
[Reminder about impending Legacy XML Licensing Expiration Feb 28, 2023]
Legacy XML license will expire Feb 28, 2022… even if they are set to expire in some future date. Several updates in the newly shipping CSE are there to help you with the transition. Extensive up-to-date KB article with videos, tips, tricks, workarounds and validation of success here: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/1231-action-required-for-policypak-customers-using-legacy-licenses/
- New: PolicyPak Cloud + MAC + Preferences support. Note not all are supported, more during the year. Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQu4mLzB
- New: PolicyPak Cloud + Splunk support. Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuARGxv . State column to demonstrate if success: https://share.getcloudapp.com/BluReg8X . Result in Splunk: https://share.getcloudapp.com/nOu1rg0p and https://share.getcloudapp.com/yAuARPOr
- One-step dialog for Email 2fa -or- App 2fa. Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0uRB6dk
- In-Cloud Editors now support sbPam for Global and regular rules: https://share.getcloudapp.com/6quNpRpq
- Immutable log now shows UUID and MAC when computer leaves / unlicensed from PolicyPak Cloud
[PolicyPak Overall & Licensing]
- New: Reporting History when you use the Group Policy editor. Quickly know who modified your policies and when. KB / Video: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/1236-policypak-mmc-showing-history-of-items-you-create/
- New: SID Tool and various dialogs SID-enhanced for on-prem and Azure AD. Video: https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/1237-policypak-extras-sid-exporter/
- Fix: PPUPDATE won’t report bogus COMPUTER name problem anymore. Screenshot of previous problem: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gu48vrq
- Update: Use ADMX setting to extend LEGACY LICENSES to work another +90 days but only when you’re on this version or later of the CSE. Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uL2v7Q
- Update: Use ADMX setting to prevent license is expiring message. Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/o0u9Lrkx You might want to implement this if you’re a trailer or have bridge keys and get CSE expiration pop-ups as per this existing KB https://kb.policypak.com/kb/article/230-what-happens-to-each-component-when-policypak-gets-unlicensed-or-the-gpo-or-policy-no-longer-applies/
[PolicyPak Least Privilege Manager]
- Improved: Right-click Run-As Administrator should work as expected in most cases now.
- Improved: Tuning of Right-Click Run-As Administrator via ADMX to disable “Explicit Elevation” completely and have “Run as Administrator” handed by Windows -or- “Run as Administrator with Netwrix PolicyPak” menu item (to File Explorer Only.) Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/z8uloNG4
[PolicyPak Preferences 2.0]
- Improved: Registry items now have application modes Always, Once or Once when Forced. Screenshot: https://share.getcloudapp.com/bLuObXwD .
- Fixed: Registry items drag-and-drop from various levels works as expected
- Fixed: Printers items now import from XML in MMC as expected
- TIP: You need only ONE license called the “PolicyPak Preferences 2.0 License” (Enterprise or Pro Customers (with the GPO Reductions & Transitions Pak) may request the license by emailing [email protected]) which will enable DRIVE MAPS, PRINTERS and REGISTRY (today) and others, like SHORTCUTS (future).